Friday, April 18

still pregnant!

I know it's so good for the girls to still be developing but I am READY to have them exit the womb! I am 37 weeks now and if they haven't debuted by next weekend - I think I'm going to give the go ahead to the Dr. to induce me (I am usually anti-inducing... but truthfully don't think I can physically handle being pregnant any longer than 1 more week!)
2 weeks ago - we got a little glimpse of the labor... I was really feeling back pain and regular contractions so we went to the hospital and went to the Triage unit to get checked -- turned out I was dilated to 4cm and contractions were every 5 min. So they admit me and get me all hooked up to the IV's and get the epidural on standby. I was kind of worried and kept telling dh "it's too early for them to come! they need another week or so!" He reassured me that if they were born, it was Heavenly Father's timeline and that everything would work out to be fine, etc... so I accepted the fact that the girls would be born at 35 weeks and then.... after progressing to 4.5cm dilated - labor stopped! After being monitored for an additional 8 hours (those L&D beds are sooooooooo uncomfy!!) I was sent home on bedrest until I hit 36 weeks. Knowing bedrest was only going to be for 5-6 days and I had an end in sight - I actually enjoyed it :) So, now I have been up and off of bedrest since last weekend and am just waiting for the labor signs to start back up (at my last appointment - I was still 4.5cm). I'm not too surprised though - the same thing happened with my last pregnancy - I went into labor and was dilated to a 5cm and then labor just stopped.... he was born 4 days later. My dh and I went for a walk last night and it was soooo painful! I kept telling him "this had better be doing something because this hurts so bad!" I have another appointment on Tuesday morning - so I'll know more then to report. Thanks for all of the well wishes and comments :)

18 comments:

Kara said...

Thanks for the update, Shandy! I've been so curious as to whether your little pumpkins have made their grand entrance. Can't wait to hear the good news ... hopefully it won't be long now! Take care of yourself and rest up (at least as much as you can with four boys!)

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Hi there! Good to know how you are doing, you have been on my mind. :) Oh my to start labor and then to have to go home, I would have been an emotional wreck! So I am sending you a cyber ((hug))

Take it as easy as you can, with the rest of the kiddos running around. :)

We will be here waiting for the news of the arrival of the princesses :)

amymom24 said...

Oh, you must be on pins and needles! 6 days before my twins were born I was put on hospitalized bedrest and they said, "It could be a few days, it could be another month or so, it depends on the babies" (I was 31 weeks, 6 days when they were born). Such suspense, not knowing if today was going to be the day. You must be so excited!!!

Praying for your miracles:)

Michelle said...

I hope the girls show up soon. I have a friend who is pregnant with her 3rd and next Thursday is 37 weeks. The doctor doesn't think she will make it past 37 weeks. We will have to see who goes first. She is only having one, so her doctor will not induce.

Patrice~ said...

Lots of love and best wishes from Jenn~ and me, Shandy!!

RealRach said...

I have been thinking about you. Wondering where you at with this whole process. Wonderful that things are moving along as they should. Can't wait to see them! Looking forward to that post! Take care. We will all be here waiting for your return to the digi world as soon as you can. Family First Always. That's my motto. But when you are ready to create we are ready to buy!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you! Hope everything goes smoothly!

sara :) said...

Oh, Shandy! I hope the girls cooperate and come soon. Just think that you are 4.5 cm ahead of the race when it does finally start again.

Hugs to you and your family. I can't wait to see pictures of them all! Good luck with everything.

HelenClyde said...

Well - congrats you made it this far! I´m sure it will soon be over, and you will so quickly forget all pain and sorrows of pregnancy, because if there is anything cuter than a newborn - it is two newborns!!!

I carried my twin boys last year three days over full term. I thought the worst thing was the waiting, and that everyone kept asking, daily - "wow, you´re still here? How long will it take?"

But now they are 15 months old and the last year surely was the quickest, most exciting year of my life!

I wish you all the best for your delivery and I´m looking so much forward to seing pics of your girlies!

Trish said...

I have been thinking about you and those twins!

I can't wait to hear that they are here!

I will keep you all in my prayers!

Melissa said...

ahhhhhhh! I can't wait to hear! Good luck with all the hospital stuff~I know it must be a huge change from being at home...love ya!

Kara said...

Waiting on pins and needles here!

Carol said...

Bless your heart..I remember that last week with my twins. I was never so glad when they were born! They tried coming really early, too, but the doctor was able to stop labor and I was on bedrest until their due date. Things went perfectly with their delivery, but I was SO ready! 14 pounds of baby is a lot for anyone! You will do fine...hang in there, it will not be long now!

HeatherB said...

Hi Shandy! Wondering if those little sweeties of yours have made their appearance yet? You must be soooo ready by now, LOL!

Sending you best wishes and lots of virtual hugs! XOX

Nicole said...

I've been thinking about you tons, wondering how you are doing. I'm dying to hear any type of update;)

Laurie Nelson said...

I experienced much the same ups and downs with Becca. Early labor, bed rest and meds, okay from the doc for delivery, nothing happens except weeks and weeks of discomfort and contractions. Hang in there. It will all be worth it. Can't wait to see them.

RachelV said...

How exciting! Wow, you are SO close!(maybe you've had them by now). In that case, I hope you are recovering well.

I was induced at the beginning of the month and ended up with a csection.

Looking forward to reading some baby news from you!

Mimi said...

I'm so wondering if you've had them by now...good luck!!