Saturday, February 24

a new technique

ok.. so a new technique for me! I'm sure many of you already know how to do this BUT... I was just browsing through some digi blogs when I came across this awesome step-by-step tutorial on Misty Cato's Blog on how to get this look. I immediately opened up PSE4 and created this in literally under 1 minute! So simple and yet I love the look!! If you look at my basketball LO further on down you'll see something *similiar* to this... in fact, this was the look I was going for but didn't quite know how to achieve it - and so I cut my ds out of the original photo and used it as the background -- took much longer than 1 minute - LOL ... EDITED TO UPDATE: I created this LO using the technique I learned... just a quickie to capture my sons favorites at this age.
(paper is by Kim Christensen and the flourishes are by Doris Castle)

2 comments:

Shell said...

Cool layout. Misty's tuts are great. TFS

Anonymous said...

This came out really nice - I think you should send a copy of it to Misty Cato! Please do more flourishes - yours are really nice. Thanks - Nancy P