Tuesday, March 13

Happy News and FREEBIES!

Alright everyone... first of all I guess I have an "announcement" to make - :)
A brand new site will be opening up in the near future (shooting for a May 1st debut) and I have accepted an offer to be one of their designers! Originally I had planned on just selling from my blog so (1) I wasn't under any "pressure" to produce X amount of product by a certain date and (2) so I could keep my prices low by not compensating for paying a store commision. Well, needless to say, I found an owner that addressed BOTH of these points! They encourage us to "design at our own pace" -- which is a concept that I LOVE!!! Designers are given a certain amount of shopping cart slots in their store and basically they are ours to do with what we want... to fill with kits, alphas, elements, templates - whatever! and obviously, if they are all filled, that's more beneficial to us... and number 2: There are no commission to pay. ever! Paypal will be the method of acceptable payments and only the coresponding paypal fee will be taken from the payment. I found the official call for this in the digishoptalk forums (which gives more info and the contact information) -- so check it out if you're interested!! I believe she is down to looking for only 4 more designers to climb on board! So don't delay if you're seriously interested! In talking with the owner, I am VERY impressed with her designer/owner co-op concept! I am so thrilled that this opportunity was extended to me and that it will fit into my life and let me keep my priority on my family and have fun with the whole designing journey :) - plus I'm relived that I have over 6 weeks to "build up" my inventory to have some awesome things ready for the big release day - LOL. Oh, and here in a few weeks it looks like I'm going to have to be putting out a call for my very own CT -- wow - that sounds sooooo official! a bit intimidating to me... but exciting at the same time!... so keep a watch out for that too (if you're interested :)


Alright... but in the meantime... I was going through my files and came upon this painted alphabet stencils (that I made to go with my August Sun kit -- found here on my blog) but somehow it didn't make it in - LOL... but then I started playing around in PSE and came up with some papers that coordinate with it as well!... feel free to pick these up if you can use them!


21 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so Great! I am so excited for you!! It is hard to places that aren't in it for themselves first and that is so great that you found one that is about Everyone first. Congrats! :)Thanks for the freebie its very cute! :)Can't wait to see what the future holds for you and the store:) YAY!!!!

Hugs
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the painted alpha set and paper pack. Also thanks for August Sun. Love these color palettes.

Anonymous said...

Such rich colors on the paper . . . and I love the alpha. Thanks for sharing your time and talent.

Anonymous said...

Thank you these are wonderful.

PSharp said...

Great alpha. Love the papers. Thank you.

Celeste said...

woohoo how exciting. hmm wonder if i can ramp up on digi quick enough to apply?

Joy said...

WOW... Congratulations...that is awesome...

Thankyou for the freebies..

Joy

Lisa said...

ROCK ON girl....I am so thrilled for you!

I know you will take this awesome opportunity and just BLOOM!

IkeaGoddess said...

Lovely set, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Shandy girl...so very excited and happy for you!!! You so rock and I'm not surprised that they chose you. Sounds like the perfect opportunity for you! Congrats!!!

paintingsiggi said...

Congrats on the wonderful news!! That is soooo great! :) Love the alpha & papers - they're super - thanks! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the opportunity!
And thank for the freebie - love the colors!

snaphappy said...

Very exciting news! Good luck with your new endeavor. Thanks for the awesome freebies.

LVMommy22 said...

remember who your biggest fan is when you're famous! congrats!!!
:) M

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the paper and alphabet. Love the colors. It is appreciated! Also congrats on your announcement!! BettyJoR

Corinna said...

Shandy!!!!!
That is so exciting... I told you it wouldn't be long. So happy for you!!!!!
Girl we must chat.
Big hugs.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I think your work rocks! I love your color choices..I think you'll do well. thanks for all the cool frebies..they are so very appreciated.
-Sheryl

HG said...

Beautiful papers, I love that style :)

Webfrau said...

Congratulations. I've enjoyed your freebies so I'll keep watching to see what you come up with.

HG said...

THanks for stopping by my blog and I'm excited to be designing with you, too! Geez...I cannot wait till May 1st! :) <---doing happy dance

Anonymous said...

Lovely kit! thank you so much :)