Sunday, April 8

Date night and Template Freebie

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend! I was hoping for a nice picture of my boys all dressed up for Easter before church -- but instead I came downstairs to crushed up eggs ground into the carpet! Yeah... so needless to say, no picture was taken and we were late to church. Afterwards we went to my dh's folks for Easter dinner. My MIL is a fabulous cook and I ended up over-eating a bit and have felt sick ever since! Trust me... not a good feeling! But hey, besides that... it's been a terrific day! Oh, and on Saturday my dh surprised me by getting a babysitter and taking me to a fancy Fondue restruant. We decided to take in the whole dining experience and got the 4 course meal for 2 - which included the salad a bread, followed by a pot of Cheese fondue with an assortment of breads, fruits and vegetables. Next came the main entree that was a selection of meats (like chicken, shrimp, filet mignon, pork tenderloin and alligator. Yes, you read that right -- ALLIGATOR!). I'm so not adventurous when it comes to food but I did have to have a bite of the gator -- just to say I'd eaten it. Then finally out came the Turlte a'la flame -- a rich chocolate with pecans and caramel -- Mmmm.. Yum! They serve this with brownies, cheesecakes, macaroons, lady fingers and then an assortment of fruits and such. Unfortuanetly by this time I was completely stuffed so just had a bite of brownie and cheecake. The whole dining took several hours and my dh and I had a wonderful time just reconnecting.

Alright, now that you've followed me along on a recap of my date - LOL... lets get on with another MGM post. For those of you perhaps just finding my blog now, MGM stands for My Giveaway Monday -- and just like the name says, each Monday you'll find a little goodie free for the taking right here at SVdesigns :) I know I say this pretty much in every post, but I really mean it!... THANK YOU guys for leaving me such wonderful comments. Reading what you write is such an uplifting part of my day! I thought I'd share another template today. This was actually taken from a paper LO that I had created a year or so ago (ya know.. in my "Pre digital" days when I was on the DT for the LSS) and recently made a digi page with it... so here it is for all of my cyber friends :) I hope you have as much fun with it as I did! Remember to keep sending me links (or even just the jpg's) of LO's you've done for inclusion with the weekly SHINES. Have a happy Monday and KEEP ON SCRAPPIN'!

download Template #1 here

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful template!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for another template. Do I see a theme going here that they all look similar> They would make a nice album. cg

ChrissyW said...

thank youi so much - love it - going to use it right now... if I can find a spare second .... thanks!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Another awesome one! Thanks so much!
And how cool about the date night! I want to go to a fondue place with DH too, but there's not one in our area.
Hope you are feeling better!

Ramie
ramieahlstrom@gmail.com

Unknown said...

OHHHH I love Templates... so this is EXCELLENT :) THANK YOU SO MUCH for this!!! I will have to use it quick and see what I come up with.. :)
THANK YOU!!!
Leslie

Andrea said...

Thanks for the great template!

Anonymous said...

Great template! How nice of you to share it with us. Thank you for this very nice gift.

Unknown said...

I TOLD YOU:) I had to finally do a layout with all your beautiful work :) thank you for sharing.. You are the most talented person... I am so happy you dont sell.. I mean if you did.. I would prolly go broke.. Or maybe you do.. but if you do.. you better not tell me.. LOL alright I was worried that you do sell so Now i am just rambling.. MY WHOLE post is tell you.. THANK YOU!!!! so you could have skipped the rest and just read that.. LOL HAHAHAHA Okay I am a WIERD!!!! MOOD!!!! LOL I think maybe I should get more sleep.. :) ANYWAY>> PLEASE whatever you do.. DO NOT stop designing.. and NEVER go corporate.. LOL :) (stands with hands on hips)"We are the FRUGAL, We must stick together!"

LOL
HUGS!!!
(Hope you dont think of me as a dork now, and NO I have not been drinking.. LOL)
LESLIE:)

http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=98979&ppuser=3690

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend, except the eggs carpet! I'm stuffed just from reading it all! Thank you so much for sharing this great template! It is appreciated! BettyJoR

Shell said...

Thanks so much for your template.

Anonymous said...

Okay...didn't the alligator taste like chicken? :)
My hubby and I ate at the Mona Lisa once, too, and it totally rocks! I like how life sloooooows down while you have your meal...can't really rush through fondue.
Thank you for the excellent template! Because is so rocks, I think my family doesn't need to eat dinner...they need me to scrap instead. Okay, maybe I'll make some PB&J's. :)

Lynn said...

Wow... date night sounded AWESOME! Glad you two got to spend some quality time together! Thanks for the template... I'm sure I'll be using it soon!

mel hains said...

hi shandy! thanks so much for this template! wonderful.. again! i love your work, thanks for sharing it! love, mel, xxxx (south africa)

HG said...

I printed out that layout I did with Aria and the butterfly where I used your paper and it printed beautifully! Just wanted to let you know :)

Unknown said...

LOL that is funny.. you just posted your comment on my page as I was getting ready to type this to you.. LOL :) SO I wanted to say YES i would love it for you to show off that layout.. :) Its mostly Your work anyway:) I love your work and I found your Shandy Fan blinkie.. I will be getting that up on my site soon.. :) Thanks for all the wonderful work you do.. Its amazing:)
HUGS
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Great, thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your template. I like it!!

Anonymous said...

You rock! I love receiving templates as freebies - they are so awesome when my creativity is non-existent. Thanks!!
~Basswife26

Anonymous said...

Wonderful template

Anonymous said...

Wow, thank you very much! This template is great! I'll give it my first try at a template!

Michelle said...

Thank you for sharing another wonderful template!