Friday, April 13

SHINES...FREEBIE... & GIFTS... oh my!

Hi and welcome to another edition of the Weekly SHINES of SVdesigns! oooh.. that's sort of fun to say... try saying it out loud. Doesn't that roll off the tongue quite nicely? Anywho... LOTS of submissions this week! I'm going to start off by showing these 4 LO's that were created with the Free Gift Kit (Plum Goodness) that I sent out to last weeks SHINES (yep.. these girls are repeats... guess they knew there'd be another free gift for participating this week as well - which we'll get to later on...) But for now let's focus on these ladies T.A.L.E.N.T.!

Starting from top left (and going clockwise) we have "Berry Good" by Traci V. what a great upclose berry shot she got! The next one is by Lynn (chslynn) and what a sweet pic of her dh and girls! Kori's LO is beneath that one -- documenting her dd's obsession with toe jam! LOL and then the bottom left is another one by Lynn -- how soft and pretty this is! Love how 3 of the 4 incorporated the GOOD into their titles! WTG ladies! Set 2... here we go! These top two LO's have such INCREDIBLE photos!!! top left is by Traci V and to the right is Lynn's... both using my Tropical Resort kit. Bottom left is another one by the talented Lynn (who BTW just made Dana Frantz's CT over at Scrapbookgraphics.com -- GO LYNN!)... and have to say that Lynn's a FAST scrapper... just put this Jumperoo kit up this morning and here's a LO with it! Jolie M. sent me the bottom right LO using my Monday's freebie template. She created this LO using the Scraps for Charity kit and it came out awesome! Next batch starts off with another GORGEOUS LO by Kori using Monday's template. Next up is this creative LO by Desiree! Love her artistic use of tools here. She took me up on my dare and used my first set of "if you dare" papers for this one. Bottom right features a LO by Leslie (go check her out.. she is VERY GENEROUS with her designs and does some awesome work!) She made this LO entirely out of all my past freebies! Vintage Floral meets "if you dare" meets ribbons, etc, etc.. you get the picture - she brought it all together most wonderfully! And to the left of her is a beautiful LO by Kathy. She took on the dare also and used the original set. Our last set starts off with a POWERFUL LO by Lynn. Her dh served our country over in Iraq and her journaling brought tears to my eyes. It was about how she didn't take any pictures of them saying goodbye because it was a moment she didn't want to remember but how it is burned into her memory forever! It's going to make me cry just thinking about it! She created this with my JAMS kit. Top Right features a grunged out cool LO by Christy S. showcasing her sons first soccer game! Glad she took me up on my dare and used the papers! And last (but certainly not least!) is a totally cool LO by Dara. She used the "if you dare" paper and turned it to an overlay to accentuate her gorgeous flowers!!!

So now that we've all had some wonderful inspiration it's FREEBIE TIME! woohoo! oh, wait.. before I get to that... here's what the gals who made this weeks SHINES receive (check your emails ladies... Leslie I didn't have yours... if you could send it my way.. it'll be off to you -- and LVMOMMY2 is receiving this as well.. she sent me a link to a LO, but I couldn't get it to work... but I'm a generous lady and so she gets one too for attempting :)
OK... now it's the FREEBIE time. Promise! After showing you the Glittery Girl pack I figured I'd better give you guys something along the same line... so here's a glittery star frame. It's 5x7 and in png format...ENJOY! Hope you all get some great scrappy time this weekend and don't forget to send me submissions for next weeks SHINES!
download Glittery Star Frame here (just FYI - I didn't zip it up.. so you'll just be DL a png file... just scroll down past the preview once you're at 4shared and you'll see the "download image" button at the bottom right.) ENJOY! :)

21 comments:

Dana said...

Glittery girl pack looks awsome. Thank you for the frame

HG said...

Wow, those are some amazing layouts everyone did. It's so cool to see one kit used so many different ways :) I've spent all my time getting kits and stuff in my store I haven't had time to scrap! lol. I need to get going on that for sure :)

Anonymous said...

what wonderful layouts today! thanks for the star frame...it matches the "jumperoo"set so perfectly...thanks
-Sheryl

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the freebies! I can't say it enough: your creations really inspire me to scrap. So thank you, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the frame. I love that. I enjoyed seeing all the different LOs. It is amazing all the ideas people see in the same kit. I guess that is what makes scraping so fun. Thanks again

Lynn said...

Shandy... you are so sweet! Thanks for all of your kind words. You inspire me, what can I say? =)

Thanks for the GIRLIE stuff! Love it! It'll be put to good use for sure! And thanks for the glitter star frame.

You are the best!

Unknown said...

OH yes. :) My addy is grim_hasen@yahoo.com :) wow I can't believe how many shines you had this time around.. and each one of them are FANTASTIC!!! LOVE Them ALL!!! :) Look forward to doing another:)

Anonymous said...

Cute frame ty!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Love all the wonderful LO's!!
Thank you so very much for this fatastic frame!!

Laura said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Peggie said...

Beautiful Frame. Thank you.

Sharon-shutterbug said...

Great frame - thank you so much

grambie said...

This frame is so beautiful with the glitter & of course one of my most favorite colors blue. So happy & carefree with the fun-filled stars. !st time visiting & downloadaing. TFS.

Anonymous said...

Awesome frame! Nice details and I love the star! Thank you for this very nice gift.

Shell said...

Thanks for the cute frame.

julie said...

wow, this is so pretty! Thanks so much!

Andrea said...

Beautiful frame! Thanks Shandy!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful glittery frame!

grambie said...

Thanks for the wonderful boy glittery frame with that cute star. Love the colors, so bright & pretty.

Also, the collections of layouts shown are just awesome. Each unique to that specific person with all the patterns, textures, & elements. So beautiful.

Leavin Some LUV!! XOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

pretty! thanks!

Michelle said...

Thank you!