Thursday, April 5

Tropical Resort - oooh la la

First of all.. I have seen several people who say how blogger "ate" their post after they'd spent so much time writing, etc and I have to say -- I always felt bad for them, but somewhat happy that it didn't happen to me (you see where I'm going with this, right??). Yes, I have joined the ranks! I had inserted all the links and was just about to hit "publish" when it happened. Do you all feel sad for me (but secretly relieved that it wasn't you?) LOL... ok.. on for the second encore.
Well... just wanted to update you all on my happenings this week (as I know you are all so interested - hee hee)
* I am still just feeling great about doing lots of freebies from my blog!
* I am still feeling great about doing a bit of selling from here as well :)
* I am reallly excited about a new addition to these. What addition you might all be asking. Well... ealier this week I received a message from Grace Bennett (who is currently having a CT call - the details of which can be found here). Anyway, she invited me to join the Element Team over at Elemental Scraps. Which I gladly accepted! So basically I'll be working on monthly collab kits with some other fantastic designers that will be used as prizes to the participants of the monthly challenges. There is LITERALLY a challenge for pretty much anything you can think of! So I *encourage* you all to head over there and check it out. What can be easier than getting freebies just for participating?? oh yeah, I guess comming here and just clicking on the "download" button - LOL. I'll keep everyone updated on this new adventure :)

Let's see... what else had I talked about in the original post (you know.. the one that got eaten?) oh yeah... I also wanted to say that I'm sooooo excited about the SHINES this week! There have been some FABULOUS ones sent to me and I can hardly wait till Friday to showcase them! I'll also say that those of you who have already submitted for this week are going to be pretty happy come Friday (hint: check your inbox for a special surprise!) If you don't want to feel left out on this, you still have 'till tonight (Thursday) to send me a LO using any of my products :)

OK... so on to the freebie. When I started out with this, I had such big dreams for it! But after I got working on it, it just wasn't turning out the way I had envisioned it... so, here it is for your free consumption. You know what I love most about this kit?? it's name - Tropical Resort! Isn't that sooooo fun?!?!! I absolutely LOVE that part of designing... coming up with the names - LOL.

(the link has expired but this set is available for purchae at my store)

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful LO! thanks for sharing!

timounette said...

These papers are wonderful !
TFS

Shell said...

OOOH Thanks so much for this colorful kit.

Anonymous said...

I needed something tropical...it just turned winter here again! The colors are great! Thanks for sharing!!

ChrissyW said...

LOVE this - thanks - LOVE this!

mel hains said...

hi shandy! thanks so much for this one! its stunning! your work is lovely... enjoy easter love, mel xxxxxx (south africa)

Lynn said...

LOVE these papers, Shandy! Thanks for all your hard work!

Anonymous said...

What a great name for this mini kit! The colors are so vibrant and the designs so fun. Thanks for sharing your time and talent.

Anonymous said...

Love this. Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

So, do you think my hubby would take me somewhere tropical just so I could have the "perfect" pics to scrap with this kit? Have to run that by him. LOL
Thanks for sharing! It is gorgeous...and when I get back from Bora Bora or Puerto Rico, maybe Fiji?, I'll let you know what I create.
Actually, I have some little girl hula pics that this would go great with...hmmmm...now you got me thinkin'

HG said...

Don't even go there about blogger eating posts, I've been there! I have had it happen to me several times so I totally know where you're coming from! lol :) GREAT new kit and a HUGE congratulations again to you on ES! You deserve it and more people need to see how great your designs are :)

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Thank you so very much for these awesome BG's!!!

IkeaGoddess said...

Great colors. Thanks for sharing. Happy Easter to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful kit. Have a Wonderful Easter Weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love the papers, I have been in Bright mood and you are fullfiling my desires yeah!!
Anna

fran b said...

your tropical kit is fantastic!TFS!!
i found your blog from Selena's list.

Dee in Oklahoma said...

Oh, this is such a bright and happy kit. Thank you so much for designing and sharing..I love it! 8^)

Rachael said...

Beautiful as always! Once of these days I'm going to get brave and download some!

Congrats on your new venture!

Anonymous said...

Your stuff is so great! Thanks a bunch!

Amy W. said...

B-E-A-U-TIFUL! That's all i have to say- I love the kit, the colors are great! TFS!
-Amy

Anonymous said...

I love that hibiscus paper! Great colors - thank you so much!

Nicole said...

Can't wait to use this. Thank you so much!

Dana said...

Thank you for the wonderful papaers

Sweet Pea said...

Very lush! Thanks,
Susan

Anonymous said...

i absolutely love these!thank you so much!

wendy said...

thanks Shandy...this is awesome...love the colors!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW...I just love this Tropical Resort freebie!!! My sister just came back from Hawaii and I will be doing some layouts for her, so this will come in VERY handy!! I also have some tropical vacation layouts of my own that I really should get working on since those vacations have LONG since come and gone (whimper, sob....LOL). Thank you so much for sharing your talents!!
Barb, from sunny Manitoba, CANADA

Joanna said...

Love it - thanks a lot.

Kitty said...

This is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

My sister is going to Hawaii shortly so hopefully I will get to use this soon! Thank you so much for sharing, it is appreciated. BettyJoR

Anonymous said...

luv the tropical papers~ty so much!

Nita said...

Wow, this is so pretty. Thanks a lot for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! The colors are amazing and you are SOOOO generous! I cant wait to use this gorgeous kit! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! -- Did I say thanks BTW??
Thanks!! :O)
~Basswife26