Monday, April 2

NATURE & TEMPLATE Freebie

Another week... another Monday! but wait... Monday's are FUNdays here at SVdesigns :) Before I get to the freebie, was just going to give everyone an update. Remember how a couple of weeks ago, I announced that I'd accepted a position at a new store that would be opening up... well, shortly after that "announcement" the store owner emailed and decided to bail on the project. I have to admit that I actually felt relieved. Even though the terms were to "design at your own pace" and there were no deadlines or commissions, I still found myself working into the wee hours each night trying to design the "next best thing" and was putting so much pressure on myself. (Not to mention, I was wanting to go down to Utah for Women's Conference the first week in May, but that interfered with the grand opening of that new site and so I wasn't going to be able to make it... happy to report that now I can! hooray!) Anyway... I've been soooooooo torn on what to do and where to take things from here. I’m sure my sweet DH is getting tired of me "discussing" my options with him pretty much everyday! I WANT to keep designing – I find so much satisfaction in seeing an end product all packaged up and ready for all of you - but I keep asking myself why I put forth so much time and energy into it and is it worth it? And what if I put this much energy into other aspects of my life? So here's the truth of the matter...

* Would I LOVE to see some monetary benefits from my hard work - CERTAINLY!
* Do I think I could find another store to sell at? DEFINITELY
* Do I really want to at this point? here's where I'm unsure...

So, for the time being - I'm just going to keep giving out my work for free here on my blog (and put up an occasional kit, paper pack or template pack for sale here - like I did with my Vintage Floral kit a few weeks back – which I feel went over fairly well ) I really do get pleasure in seeing my designs in "action" in the different galleries and reading all of the comments that you guys leave me here and at 4shared and the emails I receive. I think I've got an awesome group of fans :) - so feel free to wear my new blinkie I created over the weekend for all of you :) ok.. back to my little "vent" to my captive audience (the captive audience who is probably most excited that I'm just going to be doing freebies - LOL) I could go on a bit longer... but think I'll go ahead and end it for now (although part 2 might be in a later post - hee hee).

On a lighter note, my dh and I have been watching the first season of Freaks & Geeks on DVD and I'm a bit inspired to make some retro 80's papers - LOL! We'll see where that takes me... But for today, I've got a 12 piece paper pack for the taking. There's 5 solids and 7 coordinating patterns. Remember to email me your LO's (or links to the LO's) so I can check them out and include them in this weeks SHINES.
Alright... thanks for making it THIS FAR! Here's what you've all been waiting for..

(link is no longer active... if you'd like... this paper pack is up for sale at my store)

Also... just for kicks.. here's another template for you guys! I think there's lots of potential with this one - can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Download Template #5 here -- I know, I know... my template titles are sooooooo original! LOL

41 comments:

HG said...

Those are some delicious papers my friend! Gonna snag those now. AND also snagged your blinkie and it's in my side bar. Completely understand about selling or not selling. Talked to my DH about it and that's why I decided to sell with SSS. Can't wait to get started with them. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beautiful nature papers and the template, too!

ccjanet said...

You make great things. I appreciate your time and effort in creating these papers today. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry the store folded...but, don't forget one window opens for every door that shuts.
I'm super-dooper happy about the freebies, though! And I think your plan to sell your kits on your site is good...we'll all just have to spread the word about how talented you are!
Thanks for sharing your talents with us...I'm so glad that you are developing those talents of yours. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely papers. Don't feel too bad about the store. Something else wll open up if it is meant to be. Like the template too! cg

Demetria said...

thanks so much for the wonderful papers and the great template.

IkeaGoddess said...

Thanks for the cute paper pack and the great template - I'm off to use it now.

Carol said...

Shandy, sometimes fate has to step in and make the decision, I'd say that's what has happened in this case! You are so talented and I love your templates because they are clean and really show the photo off. Keep up the good work, because you are MUCH APPRECIATED !!!

momto4boys said...

This paper pack is so beautiful - thanks so much for sharing!! Your work is fantastic, I have no doubt that when YOU are ready you will be on a storefront and selling like crazy!!!

Annie said...

That is a bummer about the store. I love your designs and bought the vintage floral one! But until you get to a store I will still fllow your blog and THANK YOU for the freebies!!! These papers are the bomb!

Mara said...

nobody thinks about the titles of the template :-), the templates of you are great, thank you very much.
Sometimes someone gets another even bigger chance, I hope this for you.

Kyla Armstrong said...

That is such a great template. Thank you! So glad that you get to go to Women's Conference. I would like to go one year. Have fun! And thank you for the freebies, but let us know when you start selling at a store!

Anonymous said...

I love the papers they are very warm and comfortable. I feel that you have to do what you can, don't kill yourself if you don't have too. this is supposed to be fun, isn't it? We all started doing this because we liked it, we need to still like it.
Hope that helps.
Anna

Unknown said...

Wow Shandy these are amazing! I love them ALOT!!! :) THANK You so much for sharing them and I truly mean that! :)

Anonymous said...

these are just so very pretty! I have such a weakness for lovely papers...thanks so much!
-sheryl

Anonymous said...

Very pretty papers. Thank you.

Joy said...

Thank you for the great template!

Anonymous said...

VEry pretty papers - I love the colors. I really like this template too. Thank you for these very nice gifts!

Anonymous said...

Love the template, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Thank youuuuuu!!!
I loooove your freebies :)

Dana said...

Thank you for all the beautiful gifts. THe papers are beautiful, and tempalte is great.

Joanna said...

Thanks a lot for the beautiful papers and the great template

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing

Shell said...

Thanks for the papers & template. Good luck on finding a new home store, hopefully it wont be too hard.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing...

mel hains said...

shandy, you are soooo talented! thanks so much for sharing your work. i am a regular on your blog! thanks a lot! love, mel

Anonymous said...

The papers and template are wonderful. thanks for sharing
mmikes

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this template. I really needed one just like this. Thanks for sharing. Lynn

Lynn said...

Shandy, I'm sure people will be lining up soon to get you in their stores. You are WAY talented, and I love your stuff. I'm so excited about these papers. Lots of girly options for me! =) Thanks for all your freebies! You are AWESOME!

Rachael said...

I'm sorry that things fell through, but everything happens for a reason!

Beautiful papers! :)

Rachael said...

I'm sorry that things fell through, but everything happens for a reason!

Beautiful papers! :)

caroline said...

lovely papers!! thanks!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you get to go to Women's Conference with us. We're gonna have a blast. Thanks for sharing your talent.

HG said...

Woohoo! You're #5 and I'm #9 today :) I think that's because ikeagoddess picked up on our freebies. :) Hey, come check out what I put up today, they're really cute.

Serena said...

Thank you so very much!

CathyK Designs said...

Thanks so much for the great template!

Anonymous said...

Love that template - thank you so much! I really appreciate you sharing your talent with all of us!

Sandy

Amanda said...

thanks for the awesome template!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Another template - you rock! Thanks!
~Basswife26

Michelle said...

Thank you!