Thursday, May 3

Policemen & SHINES baby!

yep.. you guessed it! It's SHINE time again here at SVdesigns! I already showcased several throughout the week (so if you missed them.. feel free to scroll down and browse :) Before I begin.. remember 2 weeks ago I mentioned how I went to traffic court for driving on a closed road? and how the judge said that he would have probably done the exact same thing? and then he STILL fined me - LOL... well.. I had 2 weeks to pay the fine. I've been so preoccupied with my new store and CT call and everything.. that I TOTALLY FORGOT!!!! so.. I remembered this morning during Nathan's nap and I start freaking out... so as soon as he gets up, I get him and Ben (my 5 year old) dressed up all cute and stuff and have me get all "done up" (ya know.. so we look like respectable people going to the courthouse to pay a late fine...) so we get there and as I'm unloading the boys.. Ben says "can I tell the policeman that you tie me up?" I was like "WHAT?!@?!??" Where on earth did you get that from??? I was like "um.. no, that's probably not the best thing we can say." He doesn't drop it and goes on to say "what do you think the policeman will say?" I was like "Ben!.. we CAN NOT say that to the policeman... ok, sweetie?!" then he says "oh, it will be funny, mom!" Thankfully he decided maybe it wouldn't be so funny and did not say that to them... and yeah.. I have NO CLUE where he came up with that.. and for the record -- I DO NOT TIE UP MY CHILDREN - LOL. Oh, but the whole point of this was so I pay it and guess what... the county clerk says that since it was due yesterday and I'm a day late... my liscence has been suspended!! what??!?! more fees? can I even drive home? am I stranded?? I was NOT a happy lady.. but I was sweet as honey to the clerk - hee hee... anyway.. long story short.. I call the DOT (or whoever the clerk told me to call) and they actually give an extra week before they suspend the liscense.. so I was fine :) PHEW! I was relieved!! so yeah.. moral of the story... don't pay your tickets late -eeeks!


alright.. onto a lighter note here are the AWESOME SHINES for the week!!!

First up...gotta give it up for the SWASSness of these 4! they each use one of the Swass borders. Top left is by JoANN... top right is LYNN L. bottom left is CHRISTY S. and bottom right is by DALE ANN C.
alright.. now how FUN are these!!! all 4 of these are using all papers/kits by me and each is using a template of shandy vogt designs as well :) In the top left LYNN L. used the new Paramount kit to showcase these cool pics of her dh. top right is CHRISSY W. bottom left is LOUANN and bottom right is JULIE -- :)
these next 3 are using some other talented designers papers/elements but each are made with a template of mine...
Here are some more AWESOME LO's! The top 2 are both by the talented LYNN L. (top left is using Pink Candy and top right is Paramount)... and both bottom LO's were craeted by the talented LISA H. (bottom left featuring Island Woods and bottom right using If You Dare and Nature Papers and the Cardboard Cutout Arrow).
and how fun are these 8.5x11 pages! and how much more fun that all 3 of them used the CONFIDENCE paper pack!
alright... wow! are you guys all inspired yet??? yeah.. me too!! :) here's the SHINES gift that each of this weeks participants will be receiving - it's from the paper I used to make the DOUBLE THE LOVE chipboard hearts freebie from earlier this week -- so check your emails ladies!!! thanks again soooo much for sending me these awesome LO's!

13 comments:

Christy said...

I love seeing all the SHINES!! It is so cool to see how everyone uses the same products so uniquely -- love it!!

SAHM said...

Oh gads about the ticket! I'm sorry for chuckling about your son's comments, but I'm sure mine would've been thinking the same thing and possibly would've blurted it out! Eish!!! Thanks for the SHINE and I love the new kit. Lovely, lovely, lovely - and perfect for baseball photos. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the freebie Shandy!

ChrissyW said...

oh WOW there are a ton of fantastic pages on there today!!!! thanks for the paper!! and too funny about your little guy!

Brynn Marie said...

Great SHINES this week...but they always are!!

Where do kids come up with that kind of stuff?!?!? My Little brother used to stuff like that to my Mom all the time.

Jules said...

Love all the shines lo's, everyone did awesome! I am soooo LOL about your son, glad you got the ticket straightened out! Thanks for the awesome gift!

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Oh my gosh your son is to funny, but I am glad he decided to keep that joke to himself! What a funny thing for him to come up with, it is way to funny what kids think of.

So glad your license did no get suspended. What a major bummer that would have been. But how weird that the Judge said he probably would have done the same thing but still gave you a ticket!!

Happy Friday

Anonymous said...

ohhhh myyy gooodness!! tooo funny about the policeman story! that reminds me of a time when I was little and we were in a grocery store..my mother and I...and was going through the store I was copying everything she said...I needless to say was very annoying and mom turned around and said I'm gonna slap you stupid...kidding of course but a lady in the isle with us said she was calling social services on her! So def. be careful what you say! HELLO...I was a healthy happy kid...just a bit annoying! :)

4guysandme said...

It is amazing what children come up with, isn't it. Eeeek on the ticket.

Loved looking at all the layouts.

sara :) said...

Ha! Ha! That sounds like something one of my kids would do....but they would probably just go ahead and say it! The store looks great as do all the layouts from this week. :)

LVMommy22 said...

hiya shandy! i love that liberty paper pack - are you going to put it in your store? the LO you did with it looks fab! and thanks for those hearts ...
:) M

Anonymous said...

I'm chuckling over what Ben wanted to tell the police...lol. Thanks for the freebie!

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Good Morning!
I used your Got Shapes template for this layout. I have to say I do love your templates!! :)

http://brookestranberg.blogspot.com/2007/05/1st-tooth.html

I enjoyed a bit of shopping this weekend in your shop! :)